noritake unique wedding favors unique wedding favors
Learn the 4 C's of diamonds at Abazias.

stencils



I've never been one to shy away from an art project, (see paper poppy pomanders). In the name of style and creativity, I have taken on way more than I can chew many many times. This sets me up for my next suggestion, which you can promptly ignore if you are not also a crafty, blood, sweat, and tears kind of person.
I've been noticing lately that the cool thing to do is decorate your apartment with wall stencils or decals... florals, patterns, anything goes. I thought to myself, that it would also be very cool to decorate your event space with such stencils. Now, I know what you're thinking. "Jacque" over at the Hotel de Grande Marquis is not going to be too pleased with you painting all up on his walls. I know, I know, I have an even better idea. Instead of painting on the walls, you get some blank canvases (the bigger the better), and stencil on those! That way, you can control the background color and the stencil color, AND you can take them home with you and decorate your house after the honeymoon.
It's a bit of work, but, it seems like it would make such a huge impact.
I found some really nice stencils at The Stencil Library. bottom row
Also, don't miss Motif by Henny Donovan. top row

2 comments:

Anonymous on 9:09 AM

fab idea! like bring works of art to the space!

Anonymous on 8:30 PM

I LOVE this idea! How great would it be to have the stencils and fabric color match or coordinate with the invites and placecards, and menus ...
WOW!!! There are possibilities here:)

Mackenzie's Sketchbook