noritake unique wedding favors unique wedding favors
Learn the 4 C's of diamonds at Abazias.

sam and dave: the hair

Hi everyone! Samantha sent me this post on Saturday, I'm sorry it's a little delayed. I've been away all weekend. Here's Sam!

SamHair
Sunday is the pre-wedding party my aunts and uncles are throwing us at my parent’s house. I promise pictures next week. I’m really looking forward to it. It should be a lovely day full of games, cookie baking and lots of lounging in the sun. I’ll keep this weeks post brief. I would like to wear a hair accessory for the wedding. I happen to have long curly dark brown hair so I’m not doing an up do; I’m going to leave my hair loose and flowing. I might like to clip up the sides with a flower clip though and I keep wavering between buying a fake one or just getting a gardenia and bobby pinning it in. I love natural flowers but is it going to wilt in a minute or fall off if I bop around? The fake ones I’m seeing are fun but they look really unnatural and I don’t know if that’s my look. I love the vintage Billy Holiday thing with a flower on one side. Any tips and suggestions are welcome. I would love some input. Thanks!
*The ones above are from Jennifer Behr, and Nicole Kidman, respectively.

8 comments:

Anonymous on 1:10 AM

Your florist would probably know which kind wouldn't wilt, and which would be sturdy enough to stay put in your hair... if you really really wanted a real flower. But the fake ones look really nice when you're not inspecting them close up, and they'll be sturdy for sure. I bet it's not what you're going for, but I've also seen flowers made of wood that look really nice, and perhaps too abstract: enamel clips. Good luck, all are sure to be gorgeous!

Anonymous on 8:08 AM

my florist said no to gardenias -- they bruise easily and react badly to the oils from fingers.... so if you like the look of a gardenia, fake might be in your future.

Anonymous on 8:51 AM

flowers are tough. i think if you ask around, you will be able to find one that suits your look. i bought a headband from jennifer behr for my upcoming wedding- i love it.

Anonymous on 11:00 AM

my sister had Ranunculus flowers - I think about 3 of them - in her curly hair and it looked great. She had her florist wrap a few of them and they lasted all night...they also come in a variety of colors and intensities so you should be able to find a color that works for you.

Anonymous on 1:19 PM

Gardenias wilt easily, but you can either A) take them to a florist and have them spray it with a sealant (I think it's called alum?) to make it last longer, or have a few gardenias on hand, that you can switch throughout the night to make sure you always have a fresh one. Or, you could go with a more sturdy flower like an orchid or wax flowers.

samantha hahn on 5:26 AM

all great suggestions. I did not even think of going to a florist and having the flowers wrapped in a bunch. I will check that out. I'll also check out the spay and the Rinunculous. Aaaand Jennifer Behr. I love the little flowers in the picture but I might want to go with au natural. We'll see....
Grazie!

Unknown on 11:57 AM

check out www.hairflowers.com i got a beautiful very real looking orchid for my hair

kate on 3:08 PM

Take a look at www.andreasbeau.com for a wonderful collection of headbands and flower clips. Not only are these styles made of the most unusual materials I've seen out there, but the quality is superior and they are also AFFORDABLE! Take a look!

Mackenzie's Sketchbook